The humidity has arrived in full force! To stay cool and still enjoy being outside, we got Leo a pool big en

ough for the two of us, or maybe a few little friends. He enjoys it but also enjoys climbing over the edge to the grass, which I have not been brave enough to let him crawl in yet. Besides what the dogs leave behind, my real fear is fire ants, so until he can walk around pretty well, the grass will have to wait.

Leo's two bottom teeth are growing in strong and sharp! He enjoys dragging objects over his new teeth, my least favorite object being my finger. He's very selective about showing off is teeth, and though we try our hardest he will not show them on demand, so we apologize for no
picture of them yet.
We are adjusting well to Kevin now having a normal schedule and are lovi

ng the feeling of normalcy. To take advantage of our last days close to a beach, we are heading down there every Thursday evening after work to have our dinner on the beach and watch the sun set. Last Thursday we decided to take the grill and grill burgers and dogs, though found this to be quite challenging to get the grill going in the wind. And the particular beach we went to was so narrow as the tide came in that we had only about five feet between the dunes and the water and thought we were going to get washed away! But Leo had a great time exploring the sand and watching the waves. Kevin has enjoyed being home every night to put Leo to bed and spend family time every weekend, and Leo sure gets a kick out of watching his daddy show off his moves while they listen to music together.

We had one last visit from with our friend Angie. After she got up with him one night to change his diaper when we didn't hear him cry as our monitor was accidentally off, Leo became very fond of her and will, like us, miss having her around.
Leo's new funny thing is to smoosh his face on windows, mirrors, or on my face.....he thinks this is pretty funny and laughs at himself. It's pretty amusing to see his sense of humor develop. His laugh is contagious. And last week he walked along the sofa, though he's not quite ready to stand alone yet. He turns 8 months this week and I can hardly believe how the time flies.
3 comments:
Hey Little Leo! How you are growing so quickly! I truely enjoy watching you grow and develop through this website, though it's nothing like living close enough to visit! Hopefully someday we'll all be close! I wish I could join you on your Thursdays at the beach...You know that's one of my favorite places to be!
Love to you and your mom & dad!
Love,
Bubba / Cassie
Oh how I love these weekly reviews of Leo's development. I can almost hear him giggle as he smooshes his face against yours, Jenny. I can picture Dad and Leo listening and playing to music. I love it.
Thank you all for sharing, I really do enjoy. I can hardly believe how big Leo is and all that he is doing.
In my minds eye, I can see and hear Kevin playing with Michael Leo, singing songs with Jenny playing the guitar :-)
Sounds like you will be making the most of your Thursdays. So glad you are all enjoying your family time with Kevin being on a more "regular/normal" schedule and even more happy that Kevin is taking an active part in Leo's life.
May God continue to bless you.
Always and all ways
Grammy
xo
Post a Comment