Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Happy Fall


How I wish you all could see our beautiful fall here. It's really not possible if you actually visit, as each time we have company the weather tricks us all and snows, so our family thinks we are into winter here. But we are not yet, really! And I'm sad you can not see it, though you could if I ever remembered to grab my camera every time we go outside. For the last month our trees have been beautiful shades of red, yellow and orange, providing a fall show that I have not seen in several years and have dearly missed. This is my favorite time of year and I was thrilled we got here just in time. In between snows here we have had really beautiful sunny fall days, you will just have to take my word for it.

We had a fun weekend with grandparents as they were one their way home to Arizona from a long cross country trip. They experienced all types of weather and climates, from humid heat to flaky snow. Leo, truly, loves to have company, the little guy is so social. And he seems to know that grandparents love to hold their grandchildren as he sought their arms all throughout the weekend. We had a great time at a local pumpkin patch, where they also had a corn maze. The four adults enjoyed showing Leo how knowledgeable we are about the agricultural industry in America by answering questions to take the right path through the maze while stealing all the candy from the "monsters" hiding within. The day was cool but we had a great time and picked out our pumpkins which we will soon carve.

Leo had his one year appointment and now weighs 23 1/2 pounds and is 32 inches long, a tall boy! He can walk pretty fast these days and it's quite a sight to see him sprint towards the door when he hears Daddy coming home. He tells Daddy all about his day, in his own language of course, and does not want Daddy out of sight. He can now say baby, thanks to grandma's lessons while she was here, and can recognize them in magazines. And he has learned to go down stairs which is a great help to me. Perhaps someday he will slide down fast like his uncles used to do. He can also belch like a real man, I kid you not. By hearing alone, you would assume it came from the abyss of a much bigger body. That's my boy, all right.

Well, that's about all the exciting news here this week. With Halloween coming up we have a few opportunities to dress up so we'll post more pictures soon. Hope you are all well and thanks for visiting! We love to read your comments. And if anyone knows a way to upload vertical pictures without them being sideways, please do share. Also, we have added some new links and a new weather feature, so you can see that we are really not into winter yet! Ta ta for now.....

4 comments:

Villanueva Family said...

The weather there sounds wonderful.Here in AZ 92 degrees today. Leo your mom must be proud of your belching powers. Something I am sure you got from her. :) J.K. On the pictures you have to turn them in the original picture program and then resave it. At least this is how are program works. Then you upload the newly saved one.
Terri

Cassie and Lou said...

I like the new look of your blog! I hope you don't mind, but I copied you with the weather part! That's a great idea ;-) I'm going to have to agree with Terri and the pictures...It helps us readers to have them turned around ;-)

Glad to hear all is going well. Can't wait to see you all in one month! YAY!

Love you, Cassie/Bubba

Cassie and Lou said...

Hi guys! How are you? I'm slightly confused...have you heard about Madeline? What's your ticker? It's cut off on the sidebar and can't read all of the title....

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween to my Little Buddy, Michael Leo. I hope you have a really fun time helping mommy and daddy carve pumpkins and going trick 'r treating. Make sure they take some pictures of you to share with us. We are so looking forward to visiting you in about 21 days :-) We are going to have a great time. Wish the Chapman family could be with us too. Love you so much Little Buddy for always and in all ways
Grammy
xo

Jenny ~ I could see it this time ?!