Friday, May 16, 2008

Need your help

As we approach summer solstice, I am pondering what to do about our Christmas lights.  Yes, they are indeed still up, and I could very well blame the cold weather that hung around for so long as my cause for neglecting to take them down.  In addition to that, I need someone to hold the ladder on some non-level areas of our yard, and Kevin and I haven't found the time.  However, as spring opens up here, our house is now the only house with lights sagging from the gutter, and I am slightly, ok very, embarrassed but am not sure what to do as the year is now almost half over.  Do we leave them up now, have we crossed the line where our neighbors should just accept our negligence?  Perhaps we should plug them in too, and just be proud to be rednecks.  Please take the poll at the right and help me make a decision I can't seem to make.

3 comments:

Cassie and Lou said...

I'm commenting on behalf of my husband:

"I can not vote because there is not another option. Start putting more lights up. They need to do the Christmas Vactions...everything gets lights. So you need to start now on putting lights up for this year.

By the way Kevin was saying how much dirt he had to move. HAHAHA. That is nothing. two for by four foot."

Love ya'll

Villanueva Family said...

You could tell you neighbors that you celebrate Jesus birth all year round and this is a way to remind you of the season. Okay, probably wouldn't work. I am surprised your neighbors haven't offered to help you take them down.

Terri

Good luck

kris10 said...

If they are still up in July, Greg can help take them down. Note I am not volunteering myself!