One of Leo's many nicknames is now Bam-Bam. He loves his bat and loves to hit things with it--balls, the ground, cars--but thankfully not people. He really is sweet and gentle when he wants to be, but definitely has some energy to get out.
unsuspecting stranger may supply an answer, and this is quickly followed by Leo's toddler-speak consisting of correct and enthusiastic inflection, nonsense words and an occasional real word in there. This can go on for some time until I step in and say it's time to say goodbye. "Bye! Soon!" He's very animated in his storytelling and we sure can't wait to hear them all with real words. And like his mom, he uses his hands a lot for emphasis. Perhaps I can catch one soon on video.




One of his fastest developing skills lately is that of conversation. The boy loves to chatter and can give me or anyone else who will listen an earful all day long. And he's definitely gotten the art down. A typical conversation begins with "Hullo.....doin'?" To which an
An unfortunate new word he says is "Faaaaaawwwwk!" We've been working on animal sounds for a long time, and one sound is that of a parrot. We say "squawk" and he says "fawk". I don't think I need to tell you how embarrassed I was when we were recently out for ice cream with friends, and as Leo spies a painted parrot on the wall he runs around with his ice cream screaming his parrot noise loudly. The ice cream scooper glares over the counter at us and says "We don't allow that language in here!" followed by a chuckle as I, now red-faced, long to melt into my bowl of ice cream. I suppose it doesn't help that he can see us giggling behind our hands--his dad is mostly at fault for this! We are now working on correct annunciation.
Every day we try to have some art time, but unfortunately Leo's favorite part is biting off the tip of the marke
rs. It's a good thing markers are cheap. We actually have started to get some really colorful pictures lately to send with daddy to work.
We also have some science time, and this typically involves finding bugs and rocks and talking about them. This was one very cool rock Leo found one day, and he proudly shows it to all visitors who come by. Rocks are a big hit with him, and I love that they are free and provide much fun for him.
So, Leo loves his dogs. There is no question about that. He hugs them, scratches their bellies, takes them for walks and really has a ball chasing them around the yard. They are truly his furry siblings, and to
bond with them he goes belly down for a drink in their bowl, which I am trying fiercely to curb but found it funny enough to snap a shot.
At the end of the day, even after all the tantrums, tearing apart of the house and all out wildness, Leo reminds me he still knows how to be gentle, give loving hugs and sweet wet kisses. And as I watch him sleep, I know there is nothing better than this.
2 comments:
I feel for you with the "fawk." Anne Marie says "as*es" when she wants to play Ring Around the Rosy. It's her word for ashes.
I understand what you mean about words that sound like something else. For the longest time Allie couldn't say Annikka, my nieces name, so she called her kaka. In return Annikka couldn't say her name and called her as*enan.
He is growing up so fast and such a handsome guy. I wish we were closer to spend more time together. Poor Sean only has mostly girls around him.
LYLAS
Terri
Post a Comment