One of our many travels for the month of September included a trip to see Grandpa and Grandma in IL. Leo once again did great on the planes, and actually is still asking since we've been home when we are going to the airport. He's sure been in a lot of them lately! And Grandma and Grandpa were great doctors for my sliced finger-that-should-have-had-stitches injury. I had a fight with scissors the morning we left and guess who lost?
Our trip to IL was full of fun, relaxation and great family
time. Each morning Leo awoke and asked for "Gandpa, Gamma?" We had a great time at an apple orchard enjoying the feeling and taste of fall with the crisp air and cider doughnuts. They had a
plethora of tractors and Leo was in heaven. Anything with wheels really gets him going! I just love the midwest, and I love fall, so I was very content. There is something about seeing farms rolling over the hillsides that reminds you what is essential in this great country we live in. The American dream is all about working for
the harvest which
in turn takes care of us, and watching the farmers work puts that dream in living color.
One of the highlights of the week was riding on Grandpa's Harley, and this may shock you but even Leo got to ride it! Scrunched in between Dad and I, we went 10
miles and hour around the quiet neighborhood and Leo LOVED it. He got another fun ride on the golf cart on the course
Dad works at and loved
that as well, get him on something that goes and he's a happy guy! I myself was elated to get to coast along the winding midwest roads on the back of the harley.
The whole week was great, full of relaxing afternoons spent napping and reading, great meals I didn't have to cook, and great fellowship with family. What more can you ask for?
3 comments:
Your braver then I am. I would be scared on the Motorcycle. You look so much like Kelly in the first picture. It looks like you and Leo had a blast.
Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. I'm very happy for you and Leo to have had the opportunity to make special memories. Cherish the family moments forever and always share them again and again with the little ones.
With as much as Leo loves anything to do with vechiles, it will be interesting to see what line of work he pursues in the future.
Love for always and all ways
Grammy
xo
Happy Halloween!!! I can't wait to see Leo in his costume. I hope you all have fun with Grammy out there this year too!
Love you,
Bubba
Post a Comment