This is Leo's alphabet, he occasionally bursts into reciting it and some letters get more time than others. He only really likes to count when I'm not asking him to, as today in the bath he counted from 10 to 20 on his own.
Leo loves to sing Pat-a-cake, and calls the Baker Man "O-Man!". But you see once mommy gets in on the song, singing it becomes not as cool as his train track. One day he got to be a real baker man and helped me make biscuits, he's a great help in the kitchen!
It's amazing me lately how much his language and memory skills are developing. He's also in the "huh?" phase and wants me to repeat what things are or what we are doing several, and I mean several, times in a row. So by the tenth time I've told him we're going to the gym, I tell him instead we are going to look for flying monkeys and he finds this interesting enough to stop asking me where we are going. His words are getting clearer every day, and he can remember events or things about different locations we go to that are quite surprising. He knows where the parks are and if we get in the same neighborhood as one of his friends, he talks about them for the next 5 or 10 minutes. Tonight he was talking about Madeline, totally uninfluenced by us, we haven't even brought it up for a couple days. Meanwhile, my language and memory skills seem to be taking a sharp turn for the worse as I find myself perpetually distracted. My attention span is about 2 minutes lately! (On a good day) But everyday has lessons for Leo and lessons for me, and I find even the rough days are essential, some lessons are only learned the hard way! I am so thankful to have a best friend for a husband and a crazy monkey for a son.
2 comments:
Two years and five months...I can't believe it has been so long since I saw you the last time! No, I didn't forget about you guys and I still keep you in my heart, even though we are very far apart. I remembered you had this web page, and I really wanted to know how you guys were doing...so, here I am! I'm doing good, really busy with college and work, but I like it!
Leo is such a cute little boy! I truly loved the pictures!
I wanted you to know that I always pray for you guys and I will never forget what you did for me when I was in the U.S.
Thank you again...for everything!
Love,
Ada
So THAT is how you get them to stop saying huh??! I will definitely use that one in the future. Leo is so handsome and smart. You have quite the wonderful family!
Post a Comment