Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday....Again!









Since we missed Madeline's actual birthday, and we're pretty sure she'd never had cake, we just had to celebrate!  Everyone needs a picture of their first birthday party.  We had a small affair that was just right, joined by the Kosmicki family.  I made a panda cake, which incidentally caused me to slice yet another digit, so I sure hope you all are appreciating my blog dialogue as it is a bit painful today!  Those plastic frosting containers can apparently be brutal.  

For the special occasion, Madeline wore her Chinese tutu with tights, and looked rather lovely, but as most of the party focused on eating episodes, she is clothed only in a diaper in most of the pictures.  Ooops!  I chose to serve spaghetti as it seems to be one of the few foods Madeline will eat these days, and let me recommend against such a messy meal at any toddler party, at least if my children are eating.  We went through several towels, just for the spaghetti.  The cake was just as messy, if not more, and my favorite part of the evening was watching Leo beg Will over and over for some cake as he scarfed his down faster than any of us, and Will replied with a strong "No!".  Leo finally resolved to eat off Madeline's tray as she didn't seem to protest.  That's my son......yes indeed.  I have to say that Leo is certainly embracing his older brother status, and never wants Madeline to over exert herself.  He cares so much about her that he blows out her candle so she can save her breath, opens her presents so she doesn't break a nail, and even cleans her plate so she doesn't waste food.  So thoughtful!  Madeline seemed to have a wonderful time, as did all the kids, and I finally got to see Grant awake for a bit.  Happy Birthday, my sweet little girl!

 

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Loved the pictures!! Leo sure was cute eating off her tray!! Can't wait to have you all here!!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday, Miss M! Great pictures. Leo is certainly a devoted brother! =)

Villanueva Family said...

I think its great she got to celebrate her birthday... Everyone looks like they had fun. Leo, you are a great helper.

ccarring said...

I just love this..... way to go little buddy:-) I'm so glad we can see some of the action at your house. Wish we were all closer... So looking forward to your visit in March, it will be so fun. I love you all for always and all ways.
Grammy