Thursday, May 7, 2009

Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue!

As many of you know, we have had a difficult time parting with our Christmas lights at the end of the season for the last two years.  The first Thanksgiving we were in this house, Cassie, Lou and Grammy helped put up lights on our roof, a task both Kevin and I do not enjoy as it involved actually climbing on the roof.  Our first Christmas passed, the snow finally melted, but our lights stayed up alllllllll year, which was, not surprisingly, convenient for the next Christmas!  Well, this year I vowed to not be "that house" on our block, so we took them down, all save the one strand waaaay on the top, the one we have to get on the roof to get to.  So today, as the kids and I were out flying our Buzz Lightyear kite on a very windy day, Buzz was giving us all quite a show with dips, flips and amazing height.  Then, he made a dart towards the house and amazingly got tangled in that strand of lights.  As I attempted to pull the kite free, down came the lights, hooks and all!  Amazing!  I am thinking of employing him every year from now on as he does not seem to be afraid of heights.  And I know you all are hoping to borrow him to get your own lights down, but you'll just have to spend a dollar at Walmart and get your own Buzz.  

3 comments:

kris10 said...

Congratultions! Buzz really is the best. My goal this weekend . . . MAIL your box. It includes not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 cans of Chili Magic and some Duke's. Who loves you? It's us. That's who.

Kerry said...

You left Buzz (the kite) at our house in March! The girls have enjoye playing with it, thanks! To bad we already have all our lights down.

Jenny and Kevin said...

Yes, we had to buy a new kite, thakfully they are only a buck.