I seem to have little time to post these days and am flabbergasted that it is now June! The days zoom past as fast as L and M zoom around this house. Lately I can't even remember what day it is or make plans for more than one day in advance, my mommy brain can not handle it! Mostly I am trying to absorb as many memories as I can as these two are growing up so fast.
This week L is learning the freedom of being diaper-free! So far he is really liking it and we will take our first outing today. He adds new phrases to his vocabulary each day, the latest being "See, that wasn't so hard!". He is a great teacher for M as she copies everything he does, and he is seeking quite a bit of knowledge himself with all his "why" questions. His curiosity is as endless as his energy.
M is like a little sponge and learns things quickly. I feel she may not be far behind L in the diaper department, but she needs a bit longer attention span to be successful. She now knows her body parts and can occasionally make distinct animal noises. She no longer has to crash to stop running and has added words like "hi", "dada", and can say "ba-dow" for bottle. Just by watching her play it's apparent that she understands so much more than she can say. Each time she wakes up she loves to give each stuffed animal on her bed a hug--she is quite nurturing and as Grandpa on a recent visit told me, she has a servant's heart.
I have more pictures and events to post, and will get to it all eventually! We are all happy, healthy and a little bit crazy! Ok, a lot.
3 comments:
Geez look at that hair!!! So Leo thinks no diapers is a good thing! You will be so glad it is over with!
Both kids look great. I am so excited to meet her. One more week. Yea! Won't it be nice once both are out of diapers? Leo, you're such a big boy. You can do it.
I loved the video of M!!! She is doing so well and understands what you were saying to her! Oh it's only a matter of time before she starts talking, and I think when that day comes, you'll never hear silence again -- she'll have so many stories!
Good luck L ... potty training is a big step! I wish you and mommy lots of luck and patience!
Love, Bubba!
Post a Comment