I think I must be both, for planning L and M's recent combined birthday celebration where 17 kids, not counting the two co-stars, were in attendance, ranging in age from 10 months to 16 years. I occasionally have these grandiose ideas that can be a bit over the top, but I do think the kids had fun amidst the craziness! We painted rocks, dug for treasure, wrapped adults in toilet paper and crammed in our small kitchen for corn dogs, cake and fellowship......close fellowship! We also did face painting, and I have to applaud Kevin for simultaneously cooking the food and painting faces while I was busy helping budding artists create masterpieces on their rock canvases. For the cake this year I made two large "rocks" as our theme was Rocks and Gems. On the outside were two Star Wars Jedis, and on the inside were a myriad of colors. Kerry** came up with the idea for a rainbow cake, and the finished product was beautifully colorful and fun to eat. We opened gifts after the party, and it was really fun to see their tired little faces light up.
**Speaking of Kerry, she, along with Grammy and the cousins were trying desperately to make it out for the weekend of trick-or-treating and partying. However, due to some very horrible weather across WY, they only got as far as the NE border before being stuck for two days in a hotel, not able to get to us or get back home. Sadly, once the roads opened, they could only get back home by that time. We were really sad and missed them, but nature does what she wants, so we hope another time it works out.
P.S. If you receive a box from us over the next year, and the padding is crumpled toilet paper, know that it was first used amidst giggles and silliness at the party!
2 comments:
Super impressive party!! Well done!! Happy Birthday to both L & M!!
Looks like you guys had a great time. Just so sorry we couldn't make it out.
Happy Birthday and Happy Halloween!!!
Post a Comment