Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pics from M's birthday








We had a fun family celebration with our Kosmicki friends at the bowling alley and presents at home. Little Man was pretty excited about the new gifts and could be seen wearing heels and carrying purses for the next several days. M enjoys getting her clip-on earrings put on over and over, and shaking her head around to make them shake. She loves to rip open presents and squeals with delight. It amazes us how much she can understand these days and how many new skills she has. Each week she adds new words and expressions to her vocabulary and loves to hear things labeled for her again and again. "What dat?" is a very popular question, along with "Where Eo, where dada, where mama?". She has a cute little petite voice, but when she wants to belt it, boy can she ever! At night she enjoys singing herself to sleep, and more than half the time she sleeps soundly all night by herself. Her brother is pretty proud of her too, and asks her to perform her new words for friends when we see them. He also likes to read stories to her, and while he may pick on her, he is her best defender if anyone else does the same. Her favorite song to sing is Twinkle Twinkle, she pretty much just sings "I wonder, I wonder" over and over. Sometimes she'll sing Baa Baa Black Sheep or I See the Moon. She does her best singing if she thinks no one is listening. What I love most about her is her giving heart, shown in her intense hugs and willingness to share whatever she has.

1 comment:

Claire said...

I love seeing M running around like a wild women...amazing how she has grown and changed over the past (almost) year! You guys are all so lucky to have each other!!! Happy Birthday M!!!