This year Little Man has been really into sledding, the faster the better, and doesn't mind crashing, which is good as he does so often. The boys have crashed into tables, bushes, even rose bushes, the house, the fence, you name it. I cringe now and then, and after shouting out my warnings to go feet first, I sometimes have to just look the other way as he is just going to do it how he wants to! He, along with his neighbor buddies, have discovered that our rock wall makes a great lift, and our slanted yard that I have cursed often turns out to be a pretty sweet ride this time of year. Little Miss is satisfied spectating from the back steps, she does NOT appreciate snow anywhere on her person, thank you very much! And of course we end each session with a Norman Rockwell-ian scene of snow gear piled up at the door, giggles over hot cocoa with marshmallows and recounts of which run was the best.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Sled Dawgs
This year Little Man has been really into sledding, the faster the better, and doesn't mind crashing, which is good as he does so often. The boys have crashed into tables, bushes, even rose bushes, the house, the fence, you name it. I cringe now and then, and after shouting out my warnings to go feet first, I sometimes have to just look the other way as he is just going to do it how he wants to! He, along with his neighbor buddies, have discovered that our rock wall makes a great lift, and our slanted yard that I have cursed often turns out to be a pretty sweet ride this time of year. Little Miss is satisfied spectating from the back steps, she does NOT appreciate snow anywhere on her person, thank you very much! And of course we end each session with a Norman Rockwell-ian scene of snow gear piled up at the door, giggles over hot cocoa with marshmallows and recounts of which run was the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMGosh he is all boy for sure. There doesn't seem to be an adventure that Leo doesn't like. He seems ready to try just about anything, even if it means getting bonked on the head. He's one tough kiddo.
Cute that Madeline likes to be a spectator. However, I do think that will soon change because she'll fell like she is being left out of all the fun stuff
So you are going to keep up with your sister-in-law and blog every day too?
This is sooo much better for me, since I don't have FB
Post a Comment