
Little Man is growing fast, and now that he is another year older, he says he is old enough to "do whatever he wants!" I quickly remind him that he is not even old enough to chew gum according to our family rule, and he comes back with an even quicker "I don't like gum anyway!". Oh, how fast they want to have their independence, and how hard it is for us parents to release it.
Watching Little Man change over each year is like learning about life all over again, and anything I thought I knew, I slowly realize I really have no idea about. Take for example, our dogs. I've always seen them as our loving, sweet though sometimes naughty, protectors of our home, two furry kids if you will. But no. They are really aliens with laser eyes that dig holes in our yard, and they need to be chased with light sabers before they suck us up into their space craft. Aliens or not, at the end of the day it's not uncommon for us to find Little Man curled up, asleep, next to these aliens, to make sure they are not lonely. I love his imagination. And I love that all it takes is donning a superhero costume and suddenly we have super powers, we can fly, we can nab the bad guys with our web-slinging action.
Speaking of donning costumes, that is exactly what we did for his birthday party. He loves to dress up from our overflowing dress up bin, and for his party he was Iron Man, his favorite. He has never seen the movies or comic books, but he likes the way Iron Man looks. We had such a fun day with his friends, making pizzas, playing some silly games and of course eating cake. The only bummer was the pinata. Apparently the new pinatas have strings for the kids to pull, but whatever happened to hitting the tar out of it until the candy explosion? Not sure, but if we use a pinata again, I would make it myself. We ended up ripping the rear off Optimus Prime (the pinata) as all the strings came right off, and even with using our hands, he was very hard to crack!
Little Man, every year you surprise us with your new theories on life, and we are so blessed to have your super-hero protection in our family. We love you and are so proud of you!


2 comments:
Looks like you all had a great deal of fun. Didn't realize mommy was dressed like spider girl?! What did daddy dress up as?
My Little Buddy, sure does have a super imagination. We can talk and talk going from one adventure to the next. I hope you always have this zest for life and thinking outside of the box.... you Go Little Buddy.
Looking forward to see you for yet another birthday celebration.
Love you for always and in all ways
Grammy
Looks like a great party.
Post a Comment