Monday, October 17, 2011

Husker Game

While on vacation, we of COURSE have to find a place to watch the first husker game.  SLC has quite a slew of Husker fans, and we found this bar where they all gather each week.  They pay for season memberships to this "club", but let us join in for the day for free.  In typical NE fashion everyone was so friendly and we made many new friends, though we'll most likely never see them again.  Though I LOVED watching the game, I also really enjoyed a fantastic burger, which I don't get to have often, and I stuffed in EVERY BITE!  I only got to watch the first half, as is custom these days, as we can force our kids to wear the clothes but not the love!  At least not yet.  We left to let Kevin get in some celebrating with his new Husker-friends.  


Likes football, but LOVES to read.....


What happened in the seconds following this photo?  Little Man backed up a bit and knocked down Lil' Red, and my
face turned husker red!

We hung out at a fabulous  park during second half, where we of course made more new friends.
Having friendly kids lets us meet so many interesting people!  And furry animals....we love to pet dogs in the park!


No comments: