Thursday, February 2, 2012

What we're up to....

Well, we're NOT up to any snow accumulation around here!  Our winter has been so mild that we've  had only two opportunities to sled so far.  And the second time we had to drive up into the mountains!  But that was some awesome sledding, the path wove back and forth and you had to double-sled so the person in the back could turn.  I sadly have no pictures as I forgot the camera.....which is really why I haven't posted a lot lately, I figure without pictures, you probably won't want to read my ramblings....am I wrong?

We have been very busy this month with life--school, riding bikes, bible studies, hanging with friends, making indoor forts (yes Kevin, we'll have our kitchen table back tonight, no more eating on the floor), having some good family time, etc.  I've been doing a bible study here at the house twice a month for a while now and love it.  Some home-schoolers we know come and watch all our kids while some moms from our church go through the study, and I have learned so much from this great group of women.  The kids also have started AWANA club, and they really enjoy having their own "bible study" as they call it.  L is testing for his yellow head band in Tae Kwon Do, which he is excelling at.  M will begin ballet and tap next week and she is excited after a few weeks' break.  L has learned to roller blade at our local skating rink and LOVES it, actually love might not be strong enough.  M skates a little but really enjoys riding her bike, this summer we may try no training wheels.  Kevin continues to work hard to provide for us all, and when he's home we enjoy hibernating and just being together.  And of course there is our jewelry business, which we are renewing this month, yay!  Having our own business has had ups and downs, but has been overall a wonderful experience.  When I look at how many new people we've met in the community because of it I am blown away.  And while we are still at the beginning stages of adopting, I am thankful to be contributing financially.

On the adoption front, we are still searching for that situation, for that opportunity, for some direction.  Please continue to pray for us, for patience and hopefulness.

Here are some pics of our adventures lately, and I promise I'll make a better effort to  capture it on film for you!

Our "winter"







John Deere overalls from the
"Bearded Grandpa"

I shared a space with a friend at a bridal fair

She sells Bridal Boxes at www.bridalboxonline.com


We have a new, interesting museum called the
"Museum of Clean", all about the history of
cleaning products, created by
Dan Aslett.


Chinese New Year, learning to use chopsticks

Enjoying the versatility of chopsticks

M says "he looks weird!", about the "little gold man".

1 comment:

ccarring said...

Love seeing the new pictures. and yes I would still read your blog even without pictures. I think you should write a column for the newspaper. Maybe you could even do a column for the moms in our newspaper :-)

Kids are getting tall, wow!!