Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Last day in NE

We turned back to the west from IL and spent one last day in NE before heading on our 2-day trek home.  Just enough time to play at the park and goof around one more time!

Overall the summer was a fun success.  Not to say there weren't challenges, though.  I think Little Man struggled the most, being the only guy amongst a house full of girls, and being away from his Dad for so long.  And we've learned that if he is tired, hungry, or both, he is a bear of a boy.  Little Miss soaked up the girl time, though, as we don't get much of that at home.  

We miss you guys and are so thankful for Skype!  


If you ever need your spirits lifted, this little one's
got what you need!




Uncle Tony being his crazy-self

Little Man bought these fuzzy worms for all his cousins
as a goodbye gift

I have always been curious about the
Great Platte River Archway museum, a museum
inside an archway over I-80 just outside Kearney.
So the kids and I made a stop... 
....and enjoyed meeting some interesting characters!

Traveling through WY we stopped, both ways, at a KOA for the
night to help break up the 13 hour trek.  The kids loved the little
adventure and sleeping in sleeping bags on bunk beds.
And many smores were had, as well as
eating chili out of the can, just like real cowboys.

1 comment:

ccarring said...

I am impressed that you stopped over night to camp. Not sure I'd feel comfortable doing the same. I'm glad you made the trip to NE, loved being with all of you. Thank you for making the trip ;-)