Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Last Day Yellowstone

this is the one pic of the bear we saw, though it's not very clear.
Right in center of photo

If you look to the left of the waterfall,
there is a redish dot, which is a person.  He and
his climbing buddy had climbed down to this
ledge to take pictures.  Once Little Man
saw them, he was obsessed on
getting to that ledge himself.  He then screamed at me that
I was the worst parent in the world for not letting
him be the explorer to the full extent.
"I need to do this mom, I promise I won't fall"

So we let him climb this rocky area instead.  On his way down, he
slid a good distance, giving me a heart attack and maybe
instilling a tiny, tiny bit of caution in himself.

The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone


Wait a minute, now that's more like it...my little wild boar.


Hiking in the Grand Canyon



We went on a nature trail, in an area which has known bear
sightings, so I am doing my best to be brave, for the kids
and to not get teased too much by Kevin, but Little Man
swore he would defend me.


The only bears we encountered were these two.....

....And this big bear

A rare but sweet moment




Checking out the elk, getting pretty close

Goodbye Yellowstone, until next year!

1 comment:

ccarring said...

You have some really awesome pictures here. You must have had a great time; although I would have been terrified at the thought of a bear coming up behind me.. you are braver than I.