Friday, November 9, 2012

Halloween....Boo!

This was my first year to attempt a halloween party.  I have to say
that after looking on Pinterest, AFTER I made these snacks,
my eyeball eggs look not so good.  How can I compete
with all the creativity on Pinterest?  This is why I don't get on there
much, it makes me feel less than adequate.  But the dry ice
punch was a hit!

Part of our obstacle course game was to don two items from
the costume pile before moving on.  He contemplates this tutu,
then notices my camera and goes with a viking helmet.

They then have to sled down in the grass, not so easy.

Army crawl...

Then a bunch of jumping before they head down the slide.
There was also bowling and drawing they had to do in the race.

See, not happy that I almost snapped a picture of him
even HOLDING the tutu.  

The little cheerleader bypasses the sledding and runs down the hill.
Yes, cheating, but she was so cute no one bothered to stop her.

Oh, and can't forget about the tires.  

They each did the race about 3 times, and this was the fastest time.

Our doughnut eating contest.  Taylor, the dog, won, after getting
a hold of Little Miss'.  

Slight amount of cheating going on.  He gets that from
his aunt.  You know who you are.

Then it was inside for a drinking contest!  

Kevin is still wondering just what I plan to
do with these tires that I picked up at our
local tire place for free.  Well, this might be
a good time-out solution for a while!  

Counting the loot!  Our community does more and more
Trunk-or-Treats, where you trick or treat in a
parking lot.  Well, I think our community is
pretty safe and we still love the door-to-door thing.
Plus, our neighbors who all really know the kids because
they are so shy *ha* love seeing them dressed up and having
a wild-good time.  One neighbor even made up special boxes with
deluxe candy, just for us!

Princess Tiana from the
Princess and the Frog
A clone trooper, not to be confused
with a storm trooper.  Apparently the clone
troopers stil had some emotional feeling before completely
turning to the dark side.  The difference I know not, but was
intensely informed by Kevin of my error in calling him a
Storm Trooper.  Thanks Puff Clan for this
costume, it finally fits him just right!


1 comment:

Claire said...

What a fun party! Cute punch!