Sunday, June 10, 2007

2/3

Leo is 2/3 today! (Translation...8 months) We don't have many pictures from our week but have had a fun one. Thursday we went out to the beach again, and once again he shovels the sand in two fists at at time. I think if he had teeth he would not enjoy this feeling so much. We try not to let him eat the entire beach but this is quite challenging. Before our first trip to the beach all together, Kevin suggested that we could bring out some books and get in a chapter or two, just relax, and I remember laughing. Now I think Kevin understands that trips to the beach have dramatically changed since our childless days! We also took a walk along the pier and watched people fishing for sharks. And Kevin wonders why I'm afraid to go in the water!
I need to just say now that is is unnatural to be soaked in sweat by 9:30 in the morning, but that is where I find myself most days lately. Augh! Dad, I'm sure not much is different where you are right now so I hope you're not melting!
Today Leo went to a birthday party for a little girl turning 3 who absolutely adores him. And, let's face it, what's not to adore. But all bias aside, she has made the statement that she wants to marry Leo, and she loves him only the way a 3 year old can. What's funny is he weighs as much as she does, if not more, so when she holds him I'm sure he's crushing her petite little legs. She loves to give him Eskimo kisses, and that makes him giggle.
So, I know many of the pictures on here are of Leo eating, and truthfully it's because we do it often. Eating probably takes up 1/3 of our day, so there you go. His new thing to do this week is to snort, mostly while he is crawling. He can also now carry a toy in his mouth and crawl to wherever he wants to go, and he seems to recognize this as a great way to carry his fun with him anywhere. He also loves to flip light switches on and off, and is getting better at this all the time.
While I know you mostly read this for updates on Leo, in case you're wondering, Kevin and I are doing great, too, though we don't really have many new tricks to share with you. No actual date on our transfer yet, but we hope to get that info soon and plan our move out west. As far as our China adoption goes, the website says they have completed applications through November 7, 2005, ours being submitted February 6, 2006, so that gives you some idea where we're at. They seemed to take about three weeks to process a week's worth of applications, so things are a little slow right now.
This will probably be my last entry for the next couple weeks, we are headed out of town to visit Leo's Great-Grandparents next weekend. We pray you all are doing well and enjoying your summer! Love from our home to yours.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Pittsburgh and good luck on the car ride!! Will be thinking about you guys!