Friday, June 22, 2007


We have returned from our trip up north and had a great time. Leo won the hearts of all we visited, not surprisingly, as he is quite the charmer. Our trip was a quick one, but very full as we got to meet up with a good portion of Kevin's large clan. Leo even did a great job in the car, surviving a car seat stint of 10+ hours! Just a taste of what's to come when we move......


Kevin celebrated his first Father's Day by taking Leo to the cemetery to "chat" with Leo's namesake and grandfather, and I know that Michael has been watching Leo since the day we brought him home. Thank you to Uncle Richard for sharing that day with us and taking around that day.

I have to say that something amazing happens when babies and great-grandfathers meet. It's difficult to explain except to suggest that you visualize a mature, grown man crawling around on the floor with an 8-month-old, and see if that doesn't make you smile. I didn't stop smiling all weekend, watching my son make children out of the great men he will follow in this life.

Thank you to to Uncle Ronnie and Aunt Kate for letting us invade your home for the weekend, it was wonderful to spend time with you.

The rest of our week at home has been a quiet one, we spent a day at the waterpark and some time in the pool in the backyard, which Leo still insists on standing rather than sitting in. I will be so thankful, and probably less wet, when his independent balance kicks in.

Love you all, and thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Villanueva Family said...

It looks like you had a great time. Glad you are home safely. I will update our site tonight from our travels.

Terri

Cassie and Lou said...

Hey guys! I'm so glad you had an enjoyable visit back home! I know everyone was just as excited to see and spend time with all three of you! I loved the pictures! Glad you also made it home safely.

love you all!
Cassie / Bubba

Anonymous said...

Hey Little Buddy, So glad you were able to visit your namesake. Your grandpap would have just loved to take you in his arms. I am certain he is looking down over all three of his grankids.

I have heard wonderful stories about how happy everyone was to see you and your mommy & daddy. I'm glad you had a good visit and tolerated the car seat well. I'm sure you were glad to be home so you could just stretch out. Wish we could have all had a visit back to Pittsburgh. It would have been great fun to be all together....

I love you all always and all ways
Grammy
xo