Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hello from the Great-Potato-State! We have now been in our new home in Idaho for two weeks. I see that it's been exactly one month since my last entry, and I know the longer I wait the more difficult it will be to catch up on things. So I will try to share all our adventures with you without being too long-winded.
Leaving our first home and friends in South Carolina was hard, and driving away thinking we won't be going back was really strange. Even as we were arriving in Idaho at the end of the trip, it was strange to realize we weren't going to OUR home anymore.
Our trip out was much better than I expected, even enjoyable. Watching the landscape change so drastically around us was amazing, there are so many different kinds of beauty in this country. After two days we stopped in Nebraska for a few days which gave us a nice break from driving and a great opportunity to see some family. We stayed at the Chapmans and helped Addison and Olivia celebrate being 3 and 1. For pictures of their birthday party you can visit their web page in our links. Leo loved visiting his cousins and had a great time watching Addison play and carrying on baby conversations with Olivia. He also really really enjoyed their swingset, and getting him out of the baby swing was quite the challenge as one morning he stayed in it for 45 minutes and was very unhappy about swinging time ending. Addison is growing into quite the fun little girl who loved giving Leo hugs, and Olivia is sweet and a little shy at times, two very different personalities. Leo sure enjoyed showing them how loud he could be. We also enjoyed getting updated on Cassie and Lou's wedding plans, and for more info on that you can check out her blog.
After our "vacation" in NE it was back on the road for one more day of driving, mostly through Wyoming, which only has 3 functioning rest areas incidentally, and not much else out there but wide openness. We did see some cool rock formations that looked like giant sand drip castles and reminded us for a moment of the beach we'd left behind.
The next day we closed on our new house here, and can now say that we are the only family members to own TWO houses! Though we have yet to get an offer on our house in Goose Creek, we are told by our realtor that we are getting more showings than most houses so we remain hopeful.
So that I can get this posted, I will stop here and tell you more later about our life here out west. Leo doesn't nap as much as he used to and is now calling for his playmate! Enjoy the pictures and I'll post again soon.






















2 comments:

Cassie and Lou said...

Oh it's so nice to see a post again! I know you guys are busy! I wish you all the best and hope you find a "home" out there! Good luck. It was so nice to have you stop in NE for a few days. It was so good to see you three. Love you all!
Cassie

Villanueva Family said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun in NE. I checked out the pictures from your sister in laws pages. I am glad you made it safely and will keep the sale of your Second home in prayer. I look forward to hearing more about your travels and your new town.

Terri