That's how Leo's doctor describes our little guy. Yesterday was his 18 month appointment and Leo was quite successful in charming his doctor whom finds Leo social, relaxed (what?!) and having a vivid imagination. While Doc and I cha
tted about Leo's progress, Leo made himself right at home finding things in cabinets that the doctor had no idea were in there. H
e's over 33" long and just over 26 pounds, and even though I've been concerned about his frequent tantrums, nighttime pacifier addiction and trying to get potty trained before Madeline comes, he put my worries at ease and said things are going along just fine. Basically, Leo is normal, which may be ar
guable considering the goofy parents he has.
Spring is slowly sneaking in through the back door, today is actually pre
tty nice so I dug my flip-flops out. Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day so Leo and I headed to the Pocatello Zoo for it's first day of the season. I'm sure we were the very first tourists, which I planned in hopes that the animals would still be curious about visitors enough to come out of their hiding spots, and I was right. The animals looked as interested in Leo as he was in them. Sunday turned around on us, however, an
d brought in some nasty-cold wind with a few flakes sprinkled on top.....not cool. We peeked at SC temps for the week and became a little depressed but know it's all worth it once summer comes. For now we get outside whenever we can, bundle up if necessary, and have fun in the sandbox or finding bugs in the backyard.
Leo continues to make us laugh everyday at his antics, and now that he knows he is funny he really hams it up. He likes to cover his head with a hat, bucket, or anything that will cover his face and run around like a wild man....I promise I did not teach him this! He also loves to play make believe with his cars, giving the drivers voices, it's pretty cute to watch. His favorite song right now is "Wheels on the Bus" and we have come up with some pretty creative verses to keep this song going on and on and on. Did you know that aliens ride buses? You'll see them right next to the seeing-eye dogs. He has outgrown his love of blueberries but now likes frozen raspberries and frozen corn. You may wonder why I feed him frozen foods, a
nd after trying them cooked and getting rejected, frozen seems to interest him the most so we just go with it.
That's about all the news from here this week. Stay tuned for more episodes from our vivid imagination.
1 comment:
It looks like you had fun at the zoo. I did figure out how to add the music. Yea. We have a Wild Life Zoo here in Surprise Area , Actually Glendale, where you can feed the giraffes. The kids love it.
Terri
Post a Comment