Friday, April 18, 2008

Our Family Grows




We are happy to welcome Lou officially to the family!  Even though he thinks we are all loud (a point I can't argue with) and probably a bit obnoxious at times, we have thankfully not scared him away, and now Cassie is Ms. Bubba Di Mauro.  We had a great time in NE and were extremely busy but loved spending time with each other.  The wedding was absolutely beautiful on an unfortunately not so beautiful day, but thanks to a can of hairspray on each of us, our hair was pretty intact when we got there.  And quite frankly, Cassie was so beautiful with the glow of marital bliss that a hair out of place would not have been noticed.  Now they are in Mexico, and I think we'll all have to admit we are jealous, but are so happy for them both.  
Leo did really well in the car with the help of DVDs, a pacifier, and an obscene amount of cookies, of which I am ashamed I also partook.  Good thing the brid
esmaid dress left a little comfort room!  We drove in one day 16 hours each way, and I will say that the final hour on the way home Leo began to show signs of delirium.  Between bouts of chewing on his toes, we heard from the back seat weird spurts of laughter, or more like cackles, and we knew this boy needed some fresh air.  The highlight of his weekend was clearly playing with his cousins.  He and Addison would start a wrestling match just about anywhere, and at the rehearsal dinner I pretended I didn't see them rolling under the feet at Great Nana and Pop's table of a very nice restaurant.  What kind of parent lets their child  turn into a tasmanian devil at a moment when manners an
d good behavior are most appropriate?  Oh, me......Throughout the weekend Leo prov
ed to be quite the entertainer, and I will have to hit up Cassie and Lou for payment for Leo's reception entertainment.  Leo tore up the dance floor while we all ate and made the dinner into something of a dinner theater.  He really has some good moves, but sadly I don't have any on video so you'll have to take my word for it.  Watch out John Travolta!  He was fascinated by the lights and looked into them so closely we hope he doesn't have permanent damage.  By the end of the night, around 10:30 or so, he was seen trying to curl up with his bear ML on the dance floor, I guess so he could still see the lights as he fought off sleep.
For more pictures of the wedding, visit Cassie and Lou's website.  Thank you both for inviting us to share in yo
ur beautiful day, a day none of us will forget.  
  

3 comments:

Kerry said...

We miss you already and can't wait for June!!

Villanueva Family said...

Jen,

Cassie looks so pretty as do you in your dress. I am glad you guys had a good time in NE. I understand that long drive. We made the drive to NE from AZ last year in non stop. 24 hours. Are kids were ready to be there. Overtime as a parent I have defiantly learned that you have to pick your battles and other times just let some behavior go. I am counting down till May when I will get to see you and your family. I can't wait to meet Leo. I have been waiting forever. We all know how much I love to dance. I'll have to see if Leo can show me some moves.

LYLAS
Terri

Villanueva Family said...

Jen, how did you add music to the site?

Terri