Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thankful

As always, we have had so much to be thankful for this year, and this Veggie Tales song says it best.

I thank God for this day,
For the sun in the sky,
For my mom and my dad,
For my piece of apple pie!

For our home on the ground,For His love that's all around,
That's why I say thanks every day!
Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!
I'm glad for what I have,
Thats an easy way to start!

For the love that He shares,
'Cause He listens to my prayers,
That's why I say thanks every day!

We had a great Thanksgiving celebration with our wonderful Kosmicki friends.  Kevin did have  a break from the bulk of the cooking this year but did a few awesome side dishes to go with a very tasty meal, including Kevin's Ultimate Potatoes.  Leo and I made an apple pie, my only Thanksgiving contribution.  Aside from the Kosmicki's 3 kids and our one, there were three more boys to play with, Kosmicki cousins from NE.  So of course we had to gather again the next day for the exciting NE game.  And Leo was in kid-heaven with so many friends to play with, and Will's awesome train set!  Just wait until Christmas, buddy....At one point there were some crazy scream-fests in the backyard that were hilarious to watch, as well as football and baseball games.

We have been busy putting up Christmas decorations already, as we want to enjoy them before we leave for China, which we sure hope is around the corner!  We got a tree that looked 6 feet at the lot and grew about two feet on the drive home.....that ID wind must have stretched it out.  It fills the space well and smells GREAT!  No ornaments yet, just a thousand twinkly lights that warm my heart.....I love this season.  Happy Advent to you all as we look forward to celebrating the best birthday ever!

1 comment:

ccarring said...

What a wonderful Christmas season this will be for you, blessings upon all of you. Wish we could all be together. Take the time to bond with your growing family. Anxious to hear all the stories. Leo will be so excited to give love to his baby sister and to play with her.

The house looks lovely and festive. I'm sure Leo is enjoying the decorations. How does he like the Advent wreath?

Love and prayers for always and all ways
mom
xo