Clean the bathroom? Call your parents? Update the blog? I could go on, and it's not that I don't think about doing these things, (especially calling parents) but it seems that every time I start something, well you know. Two toddlers, need I say more. So if you do get a call from me, it's probably because I've locked myself in my inner sanctuary, aka, the dirty bathroom.
We have had quite a whirlwind July that included a flight to Pittsburgh for a giant family reunion, and not even all were in attendance. The organizers of the event did a fantastic job making sure there were activities for all ages, and there was a printout of the entire family tree that was amazing to see spread out on the wall. The highlight for me was watching Great Granpap nuzzle the necks of my two kiddos and see him smile with delight. Watching L and M with their cousins was also wonderful.
Other highlights of the trip included a day at Idlewild where L fell in love with fast, spinning rides (bleh!) and two trips to the Children's Museum. We also took an afternoon to get out to OH to see my brothers Mark and Matt and their family, where we had great fellowship and awesome food cooked by Matt, sadly I do not get to see them often enough. A great time was had by all, and I have to be honest that not having to cook any meals for a whole week was a real plus for me!
Other pictures you see include Kevin's birthday, the kids and I on a hike, L way overdressed for fun in our backyard pool with his buddies, and M falling asleep at the table yet again. Also, Sammy died this last month so we buried him in the yard, though Taylor keeps trying to dig him up. Perhaps this winter we'll get another one. We are really having a wonderful summer, and while there are many things I should be doing, mostly I am soaking up all the crazy moments with the kids I can. They are so cute to watch play together, and the dynamic with two kids vs. one is so different, challenging, and so very wonderful. I do believe the best gift we could give L was a sibling, he has stepped up to his role with fierce love for M, she will be difficult to date! Even when I get frustrated with her he tells me "Don't get mad at her, she's just a baby!"
So if you ever wonder what it is I do all day? Well, I'm probably sitting on the porch eating popcicles with the kids......
4 comments:
I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing!
I am probably at the park deciding what to do with the poop that my almost 3 year old deposited into her panties because there was no where to go "poooooooooop"!!! Yep, then I made her take off the said panties and plopped the poop into the grass and told her to put her shorts back on and to home we went. We were nowhere close to home...we walked to a park about 30 minutes away.As we walked away, my almost 5 year old thought it wa funny that the bugs were eating the poop.
Thanks for the laugh, Kerry, though I'm sure you were not laughing! Hopefully you are now. I am! And I'm so proud of my goddaughter for not normally pooping in her pants! We don't really know what that's like yet......
What great photos!
Post a Comment