Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"camping" at Island Park

For our family vacation this year we decided on a trip to Island Park, with visits into Yellowstone.  Renting a friend's cabin, we had a warm place to sleep, as I don't love tent camping.  It's too cold, there are bears, lack of running water, the reasons go on and on for me.  I used to camp with no tent, can you believe that?  So when we were able to get this cabin, I was elated!  We headed up for 4 days just in time for the amazing fall colors, and just before, literally, the cold weather hit.  More pics to follow!


Taylor, whom I have named DivaDog, has finally gotten over her
car-sickness.  But ONLY if she sits in the very front seat, which for this
trip, meant on my lap.  When she's nervous, she gains about 50 lbs and
becomes stiff and shaky, so the 2.5 hour drive was met with
little paws digging deep into my legs.


Scrunched in the car


Chatting on the earpiece, to anyone that will chat!

The back deck, with fun porch swings


Add caption

The kids LOVED the bunk room

This spot in the cabin held a waft of skunk non-stop.  When
we asked the owners about it, they informed us a skunk family
lived under the cabin.  I then prayed the dogs would
not find and try to greet them!  

We played many games, including an on-going game
of Monopoly-Star Wars Edition.  I lost
miserably, and had to turn my earnings and
property over to Kevin, as I walked away with
my tail between my legs....



Playing darts in the game room

Balcony from the bunk room, where Little Man launched a few
spy missions with some rope and his lego people

No comments: