Sunday, September 30, 2007

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow.....




Yes, that's right. On September 29 we were blessed with a beautiful dusting of snow, about one inch. This is not the earliest snowfall in the Pocatello area, only the third earliest, but it quite took me by surprise as the weather for the last few weeks has been in the 60's and 70's. It wasn't cold enough to stick to the cement, and was completely melted in our neighborhood by the next morning, but it was just right to "prime" us for what is yet to come, which I'm expecting to be a lot.
You should all be happy to know that I have successfully passed my driving test. Even though many of the questions were different than before, I read the manual and now feel very competent. Please no comments, as it's clear that many of you have some sort of driving incident involving me in your memories!
We now have our unpacked boxes down to one corner in our basement, though very little is hung on our walls. So now Leo is free to roam just about everywhere, and he definitely does. He is choosing to walk more and more and has pretty good balance. We are now working on the stairs and he can be quite a dare devil at times.....thankfully I'm always there to catch him. I was watching some old home movies of my youth and saw that there were no baby gates, and I seemed to maneuver the stairs just fine......but I'm not sure I trust the little wild man just yet.
Leo turns one soon, but he thinks he's turning 30 as he protests our restrictions of his participation in things like grilling, cleaning the bathroom, unloading the dishwasher and doing just about anything adults do. I will have to remind him of his eagerness later in life, like when he's 13 and doesn't want to shovel the snow. He wants to also eat what we are eating, but please make it taste better than plain old vegetables, he seems to say, as we try to feed him exactly what we are having. He has quite the personality and today during mass kept the girls in front of us quite entertained. I tried to explain to Leo that Mass is probably not the most appropriate place to bring his hammer and swing it around Daddy's head, but it beat his anxious crying about having to be still for an hour.
We look forward to our family visitors next weekend as the Chapman-Carrington crew makes it out to celebrate Leo's birthday. Hope you guys have a fun, safe drive! And hope you all have a great week.....

3 comments:

Villanueva Family said...

I love the snow picture. As you know, we don't see that in Phoenix. I hope you and Kevin family have a wonderful weekend together. I can't believe Leo is going to be one.

Terri

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you! Planning to leave at 4am - we must be insane!

Cassie and Lou said...

Hey Buddy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you had a great time with your cousins this past weekend. From the sounds of it you all had a fabulous time! I can't wait for Thanksgiving to come so Grammy, Bubba & (Uncle) Lou can come out to visit!

I can't believe you are a year old already. YOu are growing up so quickly, and I'm sorry I can't be there for all the wonderful milestones! Happy 1st Brithday Leo!

I love you!
Bubba!